a Penicillin riff with a touch of island spice
|2||oz||Scotch, Monkey Shoulder|
|1||rinse||Islay Scotch, Laphroaig 10|
Shake all ingredients with ice for 15 seconds, strain into an old iced fashioned glass rinsed with Laphroiag 10 (or other peated scotch). Garnish with an expressed lemon swath.
BroVo Lucky Falernum is a much higher proof (70 proof), less sweet and strongly flavored liqueur than Velvet Falernum. I haven't tried it with Velvet, but you'd probably have to drop it to .75 oz with perhaps a barspoon of pimento dram to kick up the spice level.
- Thanks God — Bourbon, Falernum, Absinthe, Lime juice, Honey syrup
- Home Wrecker — Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Lemon juice
- Tropic of Capricorn — Brandy, Falernum, Fino sherry, Scotch, Bitters, Feijoa, Lime juice
- The Pied Piper — Scotch, Bitters, Black pepper tincture, Lemon juice, Egg white, Vanilla syrup, Black pepper
- Sun Day Morning — Añejo rum, Amaro Nonino, Lime juice, Passion fruit liqueur, Coffee
- Rum Decker — Gold rum, Falernum, Virgin Islands Rum, Lime juice
- Creature Comforts — Scotch, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- San Serif — Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Aperol, Lemon zest, Lemon juice
- Without the Sheets — Elderflower liqueur, Light rum, Apple brandy, Lemon juice
- Can't Get There From Here — Bourbon, Elderflower liqueur, Apricot liqueur, Dry apricot brandy, Bitters, Lemon juice