|1||oz||Demerara Rum, Lemon Hart 151|
|1||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|1||ds||Orange bitters, Regans' orange bitters|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (as garnish)|
Stir, strain, straight up, chilled cocktail glass rinsed in Campari, garnish.
From other users
- Very bitter, slow drinking, excellent. Sweet, complex with all ingredient evident. Excellent with Smith & Cross. Easy on the Regans' lest it dominate. Maybe best on the rocks.
- Need to try this with variation
- Didn't have Punt e Mes on hand so it was a bit sweet. Also curious to try it out with the suggest S&C/LH151 split.
- Intense as you'd expect, but actually also quite drinkable if you go slow. (Subbed hop bitters for grapefruit.) I think the sweetness of the Hamilton 151 rum is holding its own against all the bitter ingredients.
- I only had Cynar 70, so lowered to .75 given it already had boozy 151. Also served with a big rock - could benefit from a little more dilution. Tasty. Want to try with S&C as noted.
- Letters of Marque — Trinidad rum, Cynar, Galliano, Curaçao, Orange peel
- Cynar Julep — Cynar, Rum, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Mint
- The Art of Choke — Cynar, Rum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Lime juice, Mint
- Paynal — Reposado Tequila, Cynar, Apricot liqueur, Orange juice
- Baroque & Famous — Rum, Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Bitters
- Spanish Sigh — Cynar, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Demerara Rum, Cream Sherry, Bitters, Orange peel, Salt, Orange
- Herb Tarlek — Blanco tequila, Cynar, Drambuie, Herbal liqueur, Cucumber, Lemon peel
- L'Iguana — Jamaican rum, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Cynar, Haitian Rum, Lemon juice, Salt, Mint
- A Long Day — Añejo tequila, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Grapefruit bitters, Orange bitters
- Exhumation Cocktail — Canadian whisky, Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Fernet, Cardamom bitters, Lemon peel