Stir, strain, rocks, low-ball.
Some recipes use 3/4 oz of each main ingredient, making a smaller drink.
From other users
- Like a more interesting Manhattan. Don't use too strong a rye or it will overwhelm the cognac. Used Germain Robin, Bulleit, and Punt e Mes. Great!
- Garnish with lemon twist
- The recipe I've been using has equal parts (1 oz ea) of the rye, cognac, sweet vermouth, and benedictine, plus 3 ds ea of Ango and Peychauds. The result is somewhat sweet, but I like it.
- One of my favorite cocktails. On a whim tonight I replaced the Rye with Anjeo Tequila, which made for an interesting variation.
- Nice, slow drink. Used 3/4 oz Punt e Mes (Capano Antica would have ben as good) Rinsed with Benedictine. Use the largest Ice cube(s) possible.
- Adding extra 1/2 oz rye and serving up is nice.
- Made with 2 tsp benedictine
- carpano antica
- Made this with Rittenhouse, PF 1840, Carpano Antica. It was quite good, but might be better with Punt E Mes?
- Quite a lot like a better Manhattan although perhaps a little too sweet for my taste.
- Very good. Used Rittenhouse, Remy VSOP, and Cinzano Rosso. Will try with others as well.
- Delicious Manhattan variation. Used Rittenhouse, Carpano, Pierre Ferrand Ambre, Peychauds, Ango, Benedictine
- I use 3 Peychaud's, 1 Angusturra, and just a barspoon of Benedictine
- Great manhattan alternative
- Maybe my favorite so far.
- 1.5 Rye, 4 Pey 2 Ango
- All Good Things — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Añejo rum, Peychaud's Bitters, Herbal liqueur, Fernet Branca
- Heathen VC — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Armagnac, Bitters, Triple sec, Absinthe
- McClellan's Curse — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Absinthe, Bitters, Allspice Dram
- Scottish Autumn — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Applejack, Drambuie, Bitters
- Quinquina Cocktail — Cognac, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Apricot liqueur, Absinthe, Lemon zest
- Great Scott — Sweet vermouth, Calvados, Bourbon, Bitters
- Sabotta Dusk — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Averna, Bitters
- Lloyd 100 — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bourbon, Absinthe, Allspice Dram
- Autumn Leaves — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Apple brandy, Strega, Cinnamon syrup
- Cheeky Sazerac — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Aperol, Simple syrup