|3⁄4||oz||Scotch (I used Compass Box's Great King Street)|
|3⁄4||oz||Apple brandy (I used Laird's Bonded)|
|1⁄4||oz||Honey syrup (1:1)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (As garnish for oils only)|
Shake with ice and strain into a single Old Fashioned glass. Garnish with lemon oil from a twist.
The Michigander (the inspiration) is apple brandy, Cynar, honey syrup, and lemon.
I was inspired by Jason Schiffer's Michigander, and I decided to expand on the drink in honor of our Drambuie rep. For a name, I paid tribute to the bar that Jason works at -- 320 Main in Seal Beach, California -- as well as the rap song 4 in the Morning. It was actually close to 3:20 pm when our Drambuie rep stopped in for a drink a few days later during one of my day shifts.
- Breakfast Bourbon — Bourbon, Bitters, Lemon juice, Orange marmalade
- Harlan County — Bourbon, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1
- Pilgrims Pride — Rye, Apple brandy, Bitters, Pumpkin puree, Lemon juice, Maple syrup, Nutmeg
- Blushing Monk — Bourbon, Herbal liqueur, Cynar, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup, Mint
- Mortal Sunset — Rye, Cynar, Orange juice, Maple syrup
- Poison Dart — Bourbon, Cynar, Allspice Dram, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Cinnamon syrup, Orange peel
- Bourbon Sling — Bourbon, Lemon juice, Water, Sugar, Lemon zest
- Alabazam — Cognac, Triple sec, Bitters, Sugar, Lemon juice
- Meatpacker — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Limoncello, Bitters
- Presbyterian — Rye, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Soda water