Ragged Mountain Rum gets tarted up, with a homey spicy touch.
|2||oz||Gold rum, Ragged Mountain|
|1⁄2||oz||Dry vermouth, Dolin|
|1⁄2||oz||Orange liqueur, Cointreau (More herbal than Citronge, which would be spicier.)|
|1||bsp||Ginger shrub, Tait Farm|
Build over ice in mixing glass, shake for 15 seconds or stir for 30, strain & serve straight up. Your choice of garnish if any.
Any pot still rum would be good, but the spicy & vegetal notes of this rum make the drink. This is a fun daiquiri variant. I got richness and spiciness from Ragged Mountain, enhanced by the ginger shrub note. Dolin helped make a dry finish. Try with other pot still rums, rosato instead of Dolin for different effects.
Sloshed together à la minute 5/6/11.
- New York Sour — Rye, Red wine, Curaçao, Lemon juice, Water, Sugar
- Baumé Squad — Bourbon, Red wine, Bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Manly Pink Drink — Midwest Wheat White Whiskey, Dry vermouth, Crème Yvette, Lemon juice
- Blind Lemon Jefferson — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Cellar Door — Scotch, Bianco Vermouth, Calvados, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Gold Rush — Bourbon, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Hesitation Cocktail — Rye, Swedish Punsch, Lemon juice
- Scofflaw 2 — Rye, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- Storm Watch, Crystal Beach — Whiskey, Bourbon, Suze, Bitters, Pastis, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Piedmont Sour — Bourbon, Chinato, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat