Ragged Mountain Rum gets tarted up, with a homey spicy touch.
|2||oz||Gold rum, Ragged Mountain|
|1⁄2||oz||Dry vermouth, Dolin|
|1⁄2||oz||Orange liqueur, Cointreau (More herbal than Citronge, which would be spicier.)|
|1||bsp||Ginger shrub, Tait Farm|
Build over ice in mixing glass, shake for 15 seconds or stir for 30, strain & serve straight up. Your choice of garnish if any.
Any pot still rum would be good, but the spicy & vegetal notes of this rum make the drink. This is a fun daiquiri variant. I got richness and spiciness from Ragged Mountain, enhanced by the ginger shrub note. Dolin helped make a dry finish. Try with other pot still rums, rosato instead of Dolin for different effects.
Sloshed together à la minute 5/6/11.
- New York Sour — Rye, Red wine, Curaçao, Lemon juice, Water, Sugar
- Balboa — Añejo rum, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Ginger liqueur, Allspice Dram, Lemon juice
- The Richard Branson! — Rye, Bärenjäger, Bitters, Lemon juice, Maple syrup, Lemon peel
- Gold Rush — Bourbon, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Blind Lemon Jefferson — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Piedmont Sour — Bourbon, Chinato, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat
- Baumé Squad — Bourbon, Red wine, Bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Chelsea Manning — Bourbon, Demerara Rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Demerara syrup, Orange marmalade
- Harlan County — Bourbon, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1
- New York Sour (Cognac) — Cognac, Red wine, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Sugar