|1 1⁄2||oz||Rye (go for higher proof)|
|1⁄2||oz||Applejack (or apple brandy)|
|1||ds||Grenadine (pomegranate concentrate or grenadine)|
Combine in a mixing glass and fill with ice; stir well and strain into chilled cocktail glass. Twist a bit o’ lemon peel over the drink and discard, and garnish with a few pomegranate seeds.
From other users
- A bit strong with Wild Turkey 101. Used Carpano Antica for the Dubbonet and pomegranate molasses.
- Identical (except for amount of grenadine) to the "Solstice" cocktail in The PDT Cocktail Book. That recipe calls for .25 oz of grenadine.
- Not all that great, I used Rittenhouse 100 and instead of Nonino I used Averna. The drink just seems to fall flat close to the finish, maybe the amaro not melding in nicely there.
- Stephanie Miller OR The Sexy Liberal Cocktail — Rye, Aromatized wine, Averna, Bitters
- Cooper — Rye, Averna, Pineau des Charentes
- The Perseverance Cocktail — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Aromatized wine, Ramazzotti, Orange bitters
- Beatnik — Rye, Averna, Madeira, Bitters, Orange peel
- Armistice — Rye, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Bitters
- Brown Bomber — Tennessee whiskey, Aromatized wine, Suze, Lemon peel
- Spagetti Western — Rye, Bourbon, Chinato, Averna, Bitters
- Dewey D. — Rye, Sherry, Aperol, Bitters
- Animotion — Rye, Ramazzotti, Dry sherry
- One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Byrrh — Bourbon, Byrrh, Scotch, Curaçao, Bitters