a scotch sour with a touch of peat, incorporating flavors of Earl Grey tea and bitter orange
|1||oz||Speyside Scotch, Aberlour 12|
|1||oz||Islay Scotch, Bowmore 12|
|1⁄2||oz||Earl Grey Tea Syrup (Earl Grey Creme Tea)|
Dry shake, wet shake, strain into an old fashioned glass on the rocks. Garnish with an orange peel.
For the Earl Grey Creme Tea Syrup, bring one cup of water to a boil, turn off heat and let sit for 30-60 seconds to bring temperature down to just below boiling, add 4 tablespoons of loose leaf Earl Grey Creme tea, let steep for 5 minutes, strain tea, add one cup sugar, stir to dissolve. Let cool for an hour and bottle. Optionally add a teaspoon of high proof vodka to help preserve the syrup.
- James Joyce — Irish whiskey, Orange liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Lime juice
- Yujacha Sour — Japanese Whisky, Yuzu bitters, Lemon juice, Egg white, Honey syrup, Yuzu preserves
- Plumb the Soul — Irish whiskey, Campari, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Blue Plum Brandy, Grapefruit peel
- King's Sour — Irish whiskey, Kirschwasser, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Irish Rose — Irish whiskey, Aperol, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Rose water, Lemon peel
- Literary Agent — Japanese Whisky, Maraschino Liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Yuzu juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Grapefruit peel
- Haggerty's Draught — Irish whiskey, Herbal liqueur, Ginger liqueur, Absinthe, Lime juice, Tea syrup, Grapefruit juice
- Smokescreen — Islay Scotch, Herbal liqueur, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Mint
- Mrs. Doyle — Irish whiskey, Swedish Punsch, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- The Beachy Irishman — Irish whiskey, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Egg white, Orgeat, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice