bourbon & ginger cocktail evolution
|1 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, Maker's Mark|
|1⁄2||oz||Maraschino Liqueur, Luxardo|
|1⁄2||oz||Ginger liqueur, Domaine de Canton|
|1||oz||Ginger beer, Fever Tree|
Combine spirits, lime juice, and bitters in mixing glass, stir with ice, and double-strain into rocks glass over more ice, finish with ginger beer.
Might substitute rye for bourbon, and up to 2 oz. Doesn't need sugar or syrup.
From other users
- Used rye, and Luxardo that had had my cherries in it for about 10 months.
- Use rye for smoother taste. Cut lime juice to 1/4 oz Triple ginger beer Use grapefruit bitters
- Agree w/ others that only 1/4 oz lime juice needed. Grapefruit bitters are good substitution, as someone suggested, as are Dashfire Ancient Chinese Secret.
- French Maid — Cognac, Falernum, Ginger beer, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Cucumber, Mint
- Bourbon Beguine — Bourbon, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice
- Mosby Mule — Rye, Ginger beer, Key lime, Cinnamon syrup
- #69(sixty nine) — Cognac, Rye, Vodka, Bitters, Soda water, Ginger syrup, Cinnamon
- Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters — Cognac, Rye, Amaro Nonino, Soda water, Lemon juice, Ginger syrup, Cinnamon syrup
- Kentucky Mule — Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Soda water, Agave syrup, Lemon juice
- Añejo Highball — Añejo rum, Triple sec, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Soda water, Lime juice
- A Punch for Galen('s Crotch) — Scotch, Amaretto, Ginger beer, Lemon juice, Grade B maple syrup, Blackstrap molasses, Sugar, Cinnamon stick
- Post Road Punch — Rye, Bitters, Ginger beer, Cinnamon syrup, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- A Monkey In Winter — Scotch, Allspice Dram, Montenegro, Crème de Cacao, Ginger beer, Lemon juice, Maple syrup