Cross between a classic Daiquiri & Hemingway's with basil as a guest star.
|2||oz||Rum, Havana Club 7|
|1⁄2||oz||Triple sec, Cointreau|
|3⁄4||oz||PInk grapefruit juice|
|1||bsp||Rich simple syrup 2:1|
Add all ingredients. Shake. Double Strain. Serve in a coupe. Garnish with fresh grated nutmeg & one basil leaf.
Picture shows Cardamom bitters but I switched to Angostura.
The starting point was Hemingway's Daiquiri and then it morphed into this tasty variation. Named after the house in Cuba were Hemingway lived and which is now a museum.
From other users
- Just OK. Despite the number of ingredients, fairly one-dimensional.
- Papa's Punch — Rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Orange juice, Lime juice, Rich simple syrup 2:1
- Withoutrigger — Dominican Rum, Orange liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Kumquat Daiquiri — Jamaican rum, Dark rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange juice, Agave syrup
- Hawaiian Room — Rum, Triple sec, Applejack, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- Apple Sidecar (Clear Creek) — Vodka, Apple brandy, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Tangerine juice, Tangerine peel
- Jamaican Me Crazy — Rum, Falernum, Bitters, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Tangerine juice
- Variation on a Mai Tai — Light rum, Dark rum, Gold rum, Brandy, Lime juice, Orange juice, Brown sugar, Orgeat, Pineapple juice, Grenadine
- Tart Cherry Cocktail (Rum) — Light rum, Orange liqueur, Cherry juice, Lime juice, Lime
- Tuscan Rosemary Lemon Drop — Vodka, Limoncello, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Rosemary