My mashup of the Frisco Sour and the Jack Rose (Boston's version).
|3⁄4||oz||Apple brandy (Aged such as a VS Calvados or Laird's Bonded)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (As garnish)|
Shake with ice, strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with a lemon twist.
After getting drink tickets for the Frisco Sour at work one night, I pondered how I could tinker with it. I ended up merging it with the Jack Rose which has been a cult drink in Boston ever since the Jack Rose Society formed here in 2005 and tested out every variation. The Boston version opts for lemon and a dash of Peychaud's. The Frisco Rose later became a drink of the day at Loyal Nine, and I put it on my guest menu at my book launch party at Backbar in 2017.
From other users
- Typically delicious mashup from Fred
- Blushing Monk — Bourbon, Herbal liqueur, Cynar, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup, Mint
- District 2 — Bourbon, Pomegranate Liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Peat Rose — Apple brandy, Bourbon, Bitters, Grenadine, Lemon juice, Lemon peel, Scotch
- Pan American Clipper — Calvados, Absinthe, Grenadine, Lime juice, Lime peel
- Honeymoon Cocktail — Calvados, Bénédictine, Curaçao, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Honey Sidecar — Cognac, Honey Liqueur, Bénédictine, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- Harlan County — Bourbon, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1
- Champs Elysées — Brandy, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Fine sugar
- He's Crafty — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Grapefruit bitters, Cranberry shrub, Lemon syrup
- Lagniappe — Rye, Blackberry syrup, Lemon juice, Hot sauce