|1 1⁄2||oz||Mezcal, Sombra|
|1⁄2||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|1⁄2||oz||Amaro, CH Distillery|
|1⁄2||oz||Amaro, CH Distillery (Bitter Dog)|
|1⁄4||oz||Fernet, CH Distillery (Fernet-Dogma)|
|1||ds||Bitters, Scrappy's Grapefruit|
Stir, strain into old fashioned glass with a large cube or sphere. Garnish with grapefruit peel.
Uses three amari from Chicago-based CH Distillery (Chi-town represent!), which aren't available nationwide as far as I know. Closest substitutes are probably Cynar 70 for the CH Amaro, 50/50 split of Campari & Zucca for the Bitter Dog and Fernet Branca for the Fernet-Dogma.
Named after a lyric from The Stooge's classic punk song "Search and Destroy"
From other users
- I like it. I plan to dial down the Fernet to 1 tsp on my next try with this drink. But close to great with the above proportions.
- Taco Truck — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Campari
- Oaxacan Negroni — Mezcal, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Lemon peel
- The D'Almeida — Mezcal, Campari, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur, Cassis, Lemon zest
- Smokeshow — Mezcal, Amaro, Bitters
- Nevermore — Mezcal, Gran Classico, Averna, Orange bitters, Maple syrup, Orange peel, Salt Solution
- Tight Rope — Mezcal, Bitters, Rye, Amaro Nonino, Cinnamon syrup, Grapefruit peel
- Lady Loam — Mezcal, Aperol, Bruto Americano, Beet juice, Rosemary
- It Is Decidedly So.. — Mezcal, Campari, Cynar, Aperol, Bitters, Lime juice, Egg white
- Don Jefe — Mezcal, Byrrh, Amaro Meletti, Orange bitters
- Traidor — Mezcal, Cardamaro, Aperol, Bitters, Orange peel