A somewhat bitter-sweet-smokey sour. Perfect for those cool springtime wee hours.
|1||oz||Mezcal, Tlacuache Blanco (Vanilla infused)|
|1⁄2||oz||Crème de Figue, Edmond Briottet|
Dry Shake all ingredients save the Angostura to a frenzied froth. Add your ice and re-shake to desired dilution and temperature. Double strain into a coupe and add two dots of angostura on top of the egg white foam, drawing curved lines with a slim straw or tooth pick.
A proper vanilla infusion occurs by splitting 2-4 pods lengthwise and placing them in an air tight jar filled with smokey mezcal. Tlacuache is readily available at the ol' LC in Toronto, and it's a prime candidate. Check in on it here and there, and be patient. A good deal of time and a keen eye will yield the best results.
- Jaguar — Mezcal, Martinique Rum, Falernum, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- Red Brick Kitchen's Mezcal Cocktail — Mezcal, Cynar, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Agave syrup
- La Reina Subterranean — Mezcal, Falernum, Bitters, Lime juice, Mint
- Velvet Goldmine — Mezcal, Fernet Branca, Falernum, Peychaud's Bitters, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Agave syrup, Mint
- Schwifty Swizzle — Mezcal, Falernum, Herbal liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Lime juice
- Mr. Manager — Light rum, Mezcal, Falernum, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Lime peel
- Word to Your Cardamom — Tequila, Mezcal, Chinato, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lime
- Agave Maria — Mezcal, Fernet Branca, Peychaud's Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Veracruz — Mezcal, Cayenne tincture, Lime juice, Aloe vera liqueur, Lemongrass syrup, Cucumber soda, Mint
- Postcard Home — Mezcal, Amaro, Lemon juice, Simple syrup