Using the Cameron's Kick cocktail as a template, John deBary substituted malt whisky aged on Japan's Kansai plain in place of its Celtic brethren, used lime in place of lemon juice, and added a little Madeira for complexity.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Japanese Whisky, Yamazaki 12|
|3⁄4||oz||Madeira, Blandy's (Sercial)|
|2⁄5||oz||Orgeat, Kassatly Chtaura|
Shake with ice and strain into chilled coupe, no garnish.
- Burning Ice — Islay Scotch, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Swedish Punsch, Absinthe, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice
- Yujacha Sour — Japanese Whisky, Yuzu bitters, Lemon juice, Egg white, Honey syrup, Yuzu preserves
- Five Points Sour — Irish whiskey, Port, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup
- Koi Pond Punch — Japanese Whisky, Umeshu, Shochu, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Mango juice
- The Bellwether — Japanese Whisky, Islay Scotch, Crème de mure, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Mrs. Doyle — Irish whiskey, Swedish Punsch, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Smokescreen — Islay Scotch, Herbal liqueur, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Mint
- Scotch Violet — Japanese Whisky, Crème Yvette, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Lemon peel
- Wayward Mariner — Islay Scotch, Oloroso sherry, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup, Donn's Spices #2, Pineapple, Mint
- Irish Maid — Irish whiskey, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Cucumber