Apples and maple made me think of New England and Robert Frost poem, and I dubbed this one after a Frost poem.
|2||ds||Bitters, Bittermens Xocolatl Mole|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.
I was inspired by maple syrup in a stirred drink, and maple made me think of apple brandy. Apple brandy in turn reminded me of how well it paired with Cardamaro in a recent recipe. The rest fell into place to make this Manhattan/Marconi Wireless riff.
- PPX — Rye, Cognac, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Cynar, Bitters, Mezcal, Orange peel
- Windsor Knot — Cognac, Rye, Cynar, Dry vermouth, Bénédictine, Orange peel
- The City Hall — Rye, Apple brandy, Bual Madeira, Cynar, Ramazzotti, Lemon peel
- Confederation Bridge — Rye, Bianco Vermouth, Drambuie, Cynar, Bitters, Orange peel
- Choke Me Like You Love Me — Rye, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Cynar, Absinthe
- Les Verts Monts — Armagnac, Bianco Vermouth, Cognac, Calvados, Cream Sherry, Bitters, Maple syrup, Apple, Lemon peel
- Sunset Park — Rye, Apricot liqueur, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Fort Point — Rye, Chinato, Apricot liqueur, Lemon peel
- Ophelia — Bourbon, Chinato, Crème de Cacao, Bitters
- Violet Hour — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Virgin Islands Rum