Agostino Perrone's winning drink from the 2008 Bacardi Legacy Competition
|1 3⁄8||oz||Light rum|
|7⁄8||oz||Crème de Cacao|
|1 1⁄2||bsp||Fennel seeds|
Muddle fennel seeds with lime and sugar, shake, strain, straight up, coupe (cocoa power rim, rinsed with Galliano).
Rinse in original recipe calls for 10 ml of Galliano L'Autentico.
Winner of the 2008 Bacardi Legacy Competition and the signature cocktail of Agostino Perrone (Connaught Hotel bar, London). The Mulata Daisy was designed to evoke the image of a Cuban flower girl swaying her hips as she walked down the street.
From other users
- I didn't find the anise flavors strong enough to balance the others as written. Perhaps my fennel seeds were too old. I ended up adding some Peychauds and then a ds of Absinthe to get it there. With the extra juice a 4.
- South Pacific — Dark rum, Orgeat, Lemon juice
- Bella Donna — Dark rum, Amaretto, Simple syrup, Lemon, Lime, Cinnamon
- Chasing Fireflies — Tequila, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice, Orgeat, Orange juice
- White Tai — Martinique Rum, Nicaraguan Rum, Triple sec, Absinthe, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Non Sequitur — Apple brandy, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Grapefruit bitters, Lime juice, Orgeat, Grapefruit peel
- La Serena Sour — Pisco, Dry white wine, Orgeat, Lime juice, Egg white
- Danny Brown — Apricot liqueur, Amaretto, Cognac, Lemon juice
- Broken Crown — Tequila, Crème de Cacao, Apple brandy, Celery bitters, Lime juice, Grenadine
- Colonial Affair — White Crème de Cacao, Solbeso, Aromatized wine, Pisco, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Millionaire #718 — Rum, Sorel liqueur, Lime juice, Orgeat, Mint