|2||oz||Irish whiskey (The Irishman Founder's Reserve)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (as garnish)|
In a pint glass muddle sugar and bitters. Add remaining ingredients, ice then shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
My take on The Laphroaig Project. This version is more approachable for those who may be less experienced with the complexity (yet fantastic drink mind you) of that beverage.
From other users
- A nice herbal whiskey sour. Better to use lemon juice as the muddled lemon looses a lot of the volume in the tin. Try 1/2 oz lemon, plus some expressed peel.
- Pretty good, like a mild Last Word and whiskey sour
- Subbed Canadian for Irish, 0.75 oz Yellow Chartreuse, 0.25 oz simple syrup
- Emerald Isle — Irish whiskey, Blue Curaçao, Herbal liqueur, Ginger liqueur
- Holiday Road — Irish whiskey, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Cinnamon syrup, Lemon juice
- Hotel D'Alsace — Irish whiskey, Bénédictine, Triple sec, Rosemary
- Red Hood — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Lemon juice, Marionberry preserves
- Mrs. Doyle — Irish whiskey, Swedish Punsch, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Aul Man — Irish whiskey, Bitter Truth EXR, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup, Lime peel, Candied ginger
- Irish Rose — Irish whiskey, Aperol, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Rose water, Lemon peel
- Detroit Athletic Club — Irish whiskey, Falernum, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Water
- Duneden — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Parfait Amour, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Tommy Gun — Irish whiskey, Orange liqueur, Lemon juice, Apricot jam, Ginger, Lemon peel