|1⁄2||oz||Red wine (Claret, as float)|
Muddle sugar with water, add all but wine, shake, strain, cocktail glass, float wine.
Also see New York Sour (Cognac) variation.
Originally was 1 Tbsp of sugar, reduced to 1 tsp as suggested by David Wondrich
From other users
- Very good made with Byrrh instead of red wine. It does sink, though, rather than float. A gentle stir is needed.
- Nice use of Byrrh...
- 12/24/17: 2 oz Wild Turkey 101, 3/4 oz lemon, 1/2 oz 2:1 simple, 1 egg white, 3/4 oz ruby port. Might just put wine into shaker next time.
- Use an egg white.
- Berkshire Daiquiri — Gold rum, Dry vermouth, Orange liqueur, Lime juice, Ginger shrub
- Manly Pink Drink — Midwest Wheat White Whiskey, Dry vermouth, Crème Yvette, Lemon juice
- Baumé Squad — Bourbon, Red wine, Bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Scofflaw 2 — Rye, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- Savory Smash — Rye, Cynar, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Basil, Red Bell Pepper
- Bourbon Cocktail — Bourbon, Triple sec, Bénédictine, Bitters, Lemon peel, Lemon juice
- Blind Lemon Jefferson — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Rattle-Snake Cocktail. — Rye, Lemon juice, Egg white, Rich simple syrup 2:1, Absinthe
- Cellar Door — Scotch, Bianco Vermouth, Calvados, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- The Dalton — Rye, Zirbenz Stone Pine Liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Grapefruit peel