|2||oz||Gin (London Dry)|
|2||ds||Grapefruit bitters, Bitter Truth Grapefruit|
|1||ds||Cherry Bitters, Fee Brothers Cherry|
Shake & strain into chilled cocktail glass. Express twist, rim glass, and drop in.
Each ingredient plays its part, from nose to sip to swallow to finish. Layer after layer, with a sum greater than its parts. Avoid Monin Orgeat on this one; it imparts an odd "chocolatey" flavor.
Formerly posted here as "The [Redacted] Cocktail." Among friends, this drink has a "bawdier" name (as seen at the Reference link), but I've finally settled on a name which better suits its flavor profile.
From other users
- Four 5-star ratings!
- I'm not sure about this one. It's ok. I didn't use fresh lemon juice, so would like to try with that, may brighten it up. Seems like rum might pair better than gin.
- Ginger Leaf — Gin, Campari, Grapefruit juice, Ginger-Honey Syrup, Lime
- Marquee Cocktail — Gin, Aperol, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Sage, Salt
- Brave Benbow — Gin, Old Tom Gin, Campari, Lime cordial, Kaffir lime leaf
- Caricature Cocktail — Gin, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice, Orange peel
- A Study in Pink — Gin, Apricot liqueur, Campari, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Orange peel
- Melon Stand — Gin, Aperol, Watermelon juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- London Calling — Gin, Hibiscus Liqueur, Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Orgeat, Cucumber
- Last Dance — Gin, Bitters, Lime juice, Honey syrup, Brown Sugar Simple syrup, Mint
- Pegasus — Gin, Triple sec, Aromatized wine, Aperol, Bitters, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Orange peel
- Old Vermont — Gin, Bitters, Lemon juice, Grade B maple syrup, Orange juice