|1 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, WL Weller|
Stir with ice. Serve up or rocks (your choice).
At the intersection of Manhattan and Boulevardier.
Winning recipe, created for a pre-Presidential debate cocktail contest, which asked for red- and blue-colored drinks. Cocktail was featured & served before and during the first 2012 debate at the Chesterfield in Dallas, TX... Credit where it's due, I borrowed Jamie Boudreau's "Golden Ratio".
From other users
- A nice, if not earth-shattering, Boulevardiere-style drink. I would make it again. Might be a good intro to bitter cocktails for a red wine drinker.
- Struggle to rate this one - 4 because I really like boulevardier like drinks, but not all that distinctive.
- Luxardo Bitter also works, but is less complex.
- My Black and Bitter Heart — Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Rye, Campari, Coffee liqueur, Bitters, Cherry
- Old City — Rye, Bigallet China-China, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Brandied cherry
- Berry Wall — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Allspice Dram, Strawberry, Orange peel
- Manhattan — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Cherry
- The Old Portland Cocktail — Bourbon, Dry vermouth, Blackberry liqueur, Bitters, Blackberry, Lemon peel
- Kitchen Sink — Rye, Aromatized wine, Bourbon, Cynar, Cherry, Club soda, Lemon
- Brooklyn Cocktail — Rye, Dry vermouth, Amer Picon, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry
- Cobbler's Dream — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Brandied cherry
- Revelation — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Cherry
- Eyetalian Cocktail — Rye, Maraschino Liqueur, Cynar, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Cherry, Blood orange peel