|1 1⁄2||oz||Rye, Rittenhouse 100|
Short stir (a 10 count), strain into a chilled coupe.
The cognac should be an older style with some sweetness, color and boise. For the sherry, use something darker, not a Chipiona. I used Valdespino - the one with the gorgeous orange label.
Started out as a Toronto riff. I love a rye/cognac split base, and the sherry was at hand. It just took the realization that too much dilution makes the Fernet overly medicinal.
- Cornet — Cognac, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Spiced Rum, Fernet Branca
- Therapeutic Agent — Cognac, Bianco Vermouth, Whiskey, Fernet Branca
- Ophelia — Bourbon, Chinato, Crème de Cacao, Bitters
- PPX — Rye, Cognac, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Cynar, Bitters, Mezcal, Orange peel
- 53 Souvenirs — Cognac, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Chocolate bitters, Bitters, Walnut oil, Lemon peel
- Suburban — Rye, Port, Dark rum, Bitters, Orange bitters
- Spagetti Western — Rye, Bourbon, Chinato, Averna, Bitters
- New York Cocktail — Whiskey, Red wine, Bitters, Demerara syrup
- Dewey D. — Rye, Sherry, Aperol, Bitters
- Fort Point — Rye, Chinato, Apricot liqueur, Lemon peel