Here is a rich and fruity sour with a hearty dash of clove courtesy of the English Bishop.
|1||oz||Reposado Tequila, Los Arango|
|2⁄3||oz||English Bishop (see note)|
Place all ingredients in a tin and shake with ice until they have properly married. Double strain into a coupe and enjoy!
I have no formal training in English Bishop production, however I've found this version to be a delightful partner in crime when designing drinks for the winter time. Take 1 orange and stud its flesh with the desired amount of whole clove. Bake the poor fruit in an even tempered oven (around 300 degrees) for about 45 minutes, or until the skin is a nice toasty brown and your apartment smells like christmas. Here's where I deviate from tradition a little. Simply quarter the orange with its cloves intact, and place the segments in a large mason jar along with a bottle of ruby port (e.g. Sandeman), a cinnamon stick or two, and a vanilla pod split down its frame. You may toast your spices for optimal fragrance, and add clove as the infusion matures if desired. It's a wonderful bit of sleight of hand that will leave your friends or customers guessing as to where these incredible flavours are coming from.
- Baby Don't You Change — Trinidad rum, Aromatized wine, Campari, Riesling, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Paddington — Light rum, Aromatized wine, Absinthe, Orange marmalade, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice
- Saint Valentine — Light rum, Orange liqueur, Ruby Port, Lime juice
- Illuminations — Reposado Tequila, Sherry, Lemon juice, Egg white, Maple syrup, Orange peel
- Sprezzatura Royale — Lambrusco, Amaro Nonino, Cognac, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Brix Layer (variation) — Red wine, Bourbon, Triple sec, Bitters, Simple syrup, Orange juice, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- 1818 — Tequila, Chinato, Aromatized wine, Cherry Liqueur, Lime juice
- Bologna Sour — Bourbon, Lambrusco, Montenegro, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Perfect Storm — Bourbon, Ruby Port, Allspice Dram, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Undiscovered Country — Aromatized wine, Swedish Punsch, Pisco, Lime juice