2 oz Irish whiskey
1 oz Lillet Blanc
1 t Triple sec, Cointreau
2 ds Orange bitters
1 twst Orange peel (as garnish)
Stir, strain, straight up, cocktail glass, garnish
Similar cocktails
  • St Columbus Rill — Irish whiskey, Bianco Vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Herbal liqueur
  • The Cause — Irish whiskey, Dry vermouth, Bruto Americano
  • Foreign Key — Japanese Whisky, Aromatized wine, Herbal liqueur, Bitters
  • Sweet Peat — Japanese Whisky, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Maurin Quina, Bitters, Egg white
  • Symphony — Apple brandy, Mezcal, Pedro Ximénez Sherry
  • Rapscallion — Islay Scotch, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Absinthe, Lemon peel


Adjusted the Cointreau

Adjusted the Cointreau quantity down from 3/4oz to 1tsp after thirtyoneknots noticed that the original used a lot less. This sounds like a much better drink to me

Because of the play on words

Because of the play on words "Whiskey & Weeski" and that "Weeski" was posted six years ago with no takers, I immediately decided to try this drink. That I've got Irish in me blood had nothing to do with it, no; that I love good Irish whiskey, well, that's another matter. Anyway, I tried the bloody drink, and there's not much I can say in it's favor, other than I rated it at 3.0 (a generous rating at that).

I used Bushmill Blackbush for the whiskey, but the Lillet Blanc really blanked out the taste of the whiskey--which surprised me because Blackbush is strong in its taste, but smooth going down. I think a change in the vermouth needs to be done: perhaps less, perhaps changing to Cocchi Americano, or to Punt e Mes. Regardless, I was not happy with the current recipe. After I gather me wits, I'm going to try it again, but use Cocci Americano and a smaller amount--maybe a "skinny" ounce or 3/4 oz. It just may be that Irish whiskey and vermouth are not good bedmates, if you get my drift. I'll keep you posted.


I thought the whiskey too

I thought the whiskey too prominent, and the orange and herbal notes too subtle.  Now, I did use Cocchi in place of Lillet, but I don't think that was the issue. I might change the proportions a bit next time.