|2||oz||Light rum, Flor de Caña Extra Dry|
Shake, strain, up, float a lemon wheel.
Beachbum Berry, explaining his drink the Beachnik: "[W]e got the idea for the Beachnik while looking at the label of an energy bar flavored with lemon and honey, and coated with vanilla yoghurt. Lemon, honey, vanilla—sounds like a tropical drink to us! After a few failed attempts to turn it into a shaken cocktail, it ended up as a blender drink in 2004." I think the Bum may have erred in using honey and vanilla liqueurs instead of syrups; with the latter, as a sour it's a straightforward delight.
From other users
- Made this blended (as originally) w/ 4oz ice. Instantly transported to the beach.
- Jules Verne — Reposado Tequila, VeeV Acai Spirit, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Daiquiri (Sweeter) — Light rum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Castle Harbour Special — Rum, Light rum, Lime juice, Grenadine, Pineapple
- The Secret Is in the Telling — Rum, Falernum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Papa Doble — Light rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- The S.O.S. — Light rum, Aperol, Lime juice, Maple syrup, Club soda
- Apple Sidecar (Clear Creek) — Vodka, Apple brandy, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Tangerine juice, Tangerine peel
- Hawaiian Room — Rum, Triple sec, Applejack, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice
- Shabash — Dark rum, Apricot liqueur, Lemon bitters, Lime juice