My funky Daiquiri cross of the Periodista with parts of the Havana Cocktail. Named after a book about one of the most unruly ports in the Caribbean -- Port Royal in Jamaica.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Rum (White Overproof Jamaican)|
|1||sli||Lime (as garnish)|
Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a lime wheel.
After spotting the Coronian with apricot and Swedish punsch in the Café Royal Cocktail Book, I took the flavors in a Daiquiri direction. Starting with the form of the Periodista, but instead of orange liqueur in the Periodista, I opted for Swedish punsch that I first discovered worked rather well with the punsch in the Havana Cocktail and for overproof Jamaican rum as the base spirit. As a name, I called this one the Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea after a book on the most unruly of Caribbean ports, old Port Royal in Jamaica.
- Shabash — Dark rum, Apricot liqueur, Lemon bitters, Lime juice
- El Floridita Daquiri var. 2 — Rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Fine sugar
- Jules Verne — Reposado Tequila, VeeV Acai Spirit, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Gruff and Rumble — Rum, Orange liqueur, Branca Menta, Bitters, Lime juice
- Apple and Eve — Bison grass vodka, Lemon juice, Gomme syrup, Brown sugar, Egg white, Apple
- Daiquiri (Sweeter) — Light rum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- Martin Casa — Jamaican rum, Triple sec, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice
- Papa Doble — Light rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice
- Kumquat Daiquiri — Jamaican rum, Dark rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange juice, Agave syrup