|1||sli||Lemon (for garnish)|
|2||Raspberry (a couple for garnish, optional)|
|1||spg||Mint (for garnish, optional)|
Combine liquid ingredients. Pour back and forth between two halves of a cocktail shaker. Strain into a goblet over ice and garnish.
Historically garnish was determined by season, so add raspberries to the mint sprig in spring.
Mentions Jerry Thomson's How to Mix Drinks (1862), but as context rather than as the original recipe.
- Diplomate Cocktail — Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Cherry, Lemon peel
- The Citadel — Amontillado Sherry, Maurin Quina, Bitters, Honey syrup
- Kir — White wine, Cassis
- Damiana Spritz — Champagne, Damiana Liqueur, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Blackberry, Mint
- Montenegro Royale — Champagne, Montenegro, Strawberry, Lime juice, Ginger syrup
- American Royal Zephyr — Champagne, Overproof bourbon, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Taylor Precedent — Sparkling white wine, Apple brandy, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Brandied cherry, Cinnamon syrup