|1 1⁄2||oz||Añejo rum|
|3⁄4||oz||Triple sec, Cointreau|
|1||twst||Orange peel (as garnish)|
Stir, strain, straight up, cocktail glass, garnish
Works well with Flor de Cana 7 yr. Wilson also recommends Pampero Aniversario or Havana Club Anejo.
Offered by president of Cuba to Calvin Coolidge in Havana. He declined, you should not.
From other users
- Absolutely delicious. Used St. Lucia Distillers Chairman's Reserve Rum and homemade grenadine. I like a cherry garnish in addition to the orange twist.
- The blanc vermouth version mentioned in the comments is better, maybe a four.
- With the specs listed the Cointreau really dominates. Next time I'll try the Wondrich spec listed in the comments.
- Puma: 60/30/10 sem grenadine
- bargellino — Rye, Dry vermouth, Montenegro, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange peel
- Milwaukie — Kinnickinnic Whiskey, Dry vermouth, Rehorst Citrus & Honey Vodka, Orange bitters, Honey syrup, Pineapple
- Fair & Warmer — Añejo rum, Curaçao, Aromatized wine, Orange peel
- Baumé Squad — Bourbon, Red wine, Bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Black Pagoda — Brandy, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Triple sec
- Bombay Cocktail (No.2) — Brandy, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Triple sec, Absinthe
- Black Feather — Brandy, Dry vermouth, Triple sec, Bitters
- Country Life — Bourbon, Port, Jamaican rum, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Old Man Winter — Indian Rum, Bourbon, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Bitters, Santa Maria al Monte
- O'Gara — Tennessee whiskey, Tawny port, Cynar, Lemon juice, Simple syrup