had to use the grapefruit cordial for something...
|1 1⁄2||oz||Dominican Rum, Brugal (Anejo)|
|1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, Elijah Craig|
|1⁄4||oz||Amaretto, Disaronno (Alternatively use Cointreau/triple sec)|
|3⁄4||oz||Grapefruit cordial (see note)|
|1||ds||Bitters, Angostura (optional)|
Shake, strain, rock. Fine strain if you must.
Grapefruit cordial: for reference, see Paloma (Fully Loaded), but this is slightly simplified. Add peel of one pink grapefruit to jar, bury it in 3/4 cup of sugar and refrigerate for one day. Add juice of 1 pink grapefruit juice and half a lime, 2 oz. water, 1/2 tbsp. salt. Shake repeatedly until sugar totally dissolved, then remove peel and refrigerate.
I wanted to make one of my favorites, the Fully Loaded Paloma, so I had to make the grapefruit cordial and made it a bit more syrupy, so I decided to make something rum-based, as I love anything with grapefruit and Donn's mix works so well with rum. The bourbon just rounded it all out.
- Red Maple — Jamaican rum, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Maple syrup
- Blaze of Glory — Reposado Tequila, Añejo rum, Aperol, Bitters, Jam, Lemon juice
- Test Pilot — Jamaican rum, Light rum, Triple sec, Falernum, Absinthe, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lime juice
- Inland Dynasty — Rye, Virgin Islands Rum, Martinique Rum, Cinnamon syrup, Grapefruit juice, Cinnamon
- Union Club — Bourbon, Campari, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange juice
- Volstead (revised) — Rye, Swedish Punsch, Pastis, Orange juice, Grenadine
- First Bounce — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, PInk Grapefruit Juice
- Bengal — Brandy, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange Curaçao, Bitters, Pineapple syrup, Lemon peel
- Existential Threat — Rye, Vanilla liqueur, Bitters, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- Sage Crew — Cognac, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Sage syrup, Orange juice