My Halloween-inspired cocktail tribute to the Mistfits.
|1⁄2||oz||Apple brandy (Aged such as a VS Calvados or Laird's Bonded)|
|1⁄2||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|2||ds||Bitters, Fee Brothers Whiskey Barrel Aged (Or their Old Fashioned Bitters (sub a cinnamon-forward one too))|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.
Smoke, vegetal funk, caramel, apples, and cinnamon.
As Halloween was approaching, I decided to craft this Autumnal smoky and bitter number as a The Misfits musical tribute. I was inspired by the Fall on Me to create a music-themed drink that utilized the apricot-herbal liqueur combination, and The Misfits fit the then approaching holiday. For this concept's herbal liqueur, I opted for Cynar which paired well with apricot in a few drinks, and apricot-Punt e Mes has proven to be a winner such as in the Slope. The song that matched the drink's and evening's feel was the Horror Hotel that they named after the 1960 movie.
- All Jacked Up — Sweet vermouth, Mezcal, Apple brandy, Maraschino Liqueur, Fernet Branca
- The Asian-ness — Japanese Whisky, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Cynar, Lemon bitters
- In Bloom — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Elderflower liqueur, Orange peel, Rose water
- Dead to Rights — Mezcal, Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Allspice Dram, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters
- Hot & Heavy — Reposado Tequila, Mezcal, Peychaud's Bitters, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lemon, Mint
- Smokin' Barrel — Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Islay Scotch, Bénédictine, Bitters
- The Forgery — Amaro dell'Erborista, Islay Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Gran Classico
- The Black Rider — Brandy, Mezcal, Cynar
- 2 Cents — Mezcal, Fernet Branca, Applejack, Sweet vermouth, White Crème de Cacao, Bitters
- Taco Truck — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Campari