Starting with a great recipe from Neyah White and doing tweaks.
|2||oz||White whiskey, Bully Boy (Tasty organic white whiskey made in Boston from wheat with rye notes)|
|1||oz||Dry vermouth, Dolin (A softer, fruit-friendly vermouth for mixing)|
|1||ds||Orange bitters, Angostura orange (YMMV)|
|1||ds||Cranberry bitters, Sweetgrass Farm Cranberry (Some local New England flavor)|
Combine in mixing glass over ice, stir for 30 secs, strain into chilled coupe.
Neyah's original recipe gave me ideas on what to tweak for my taste. Check his and mine out, enjoy white whiskey either way.
Changeups on Neyah White's original recipe
- Tequila Armada — Reposado Tequila, Bianco Vermouth, Fino sherry, Orange bitters
- Brian's White Manhattan — White whiskey, Bianco Vermouth, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Occidental Cocktail — Jamaican rum, Sherry, Amaro Sibilla, Bitters
- Manhattan Cocktail No. 1 (Savoy) — Dry vermouth, Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur
- Affinity — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Rob Roy (Smokey and Funky) — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange liqueur, Orange bitters, Peychaud's Bitters
- Lovecraft in Brooklyn — Rye, Jamaican rum, Aromatized wine, Madeira, Grapefruit bitters, Bitters, Orange peel
- Chemlabier — Aromatized wine, Bourbon, Bitters, Gran Classico
- Back to Town — Reposado Tequila, Aromatized wine, Bolivar Bitters, Plain shrub
- Buffo Rosato — Rye, Chinato, Pear eau de vie, Rosato Vermouth, Cranberry bitters, Lemon peel