A spicy sweet winter libation; adapted and modified from an original recipe in Saveur magazine
|1⁄2||oz||Cinnamon syrup (make 1:1 simple syrup infused with 1/2 t. cinnamon)|
|1||oz||Tea (Black works best, make it nice & strong)|
Build drink in shaker or pitcher; add ice and shake or stir. Serve in a rocks glass filled with cracked ice (put cubes in a gallon ziplock, bash 'em). Garnish with lemon wheel.
A floral, lighter gin works best; Sapphire in a pinch. The allspice dram is home made, using infused allspice syrup and Everclear (20%). Pomegranate molasses would be a tart substitute for grenadine.
Made for my wife's holiday gathering...spicy, sweet, exotic and delicious!
From other users
- All the attributes of a classic punch. I added tea so drinkers who prefer a lighter drink could enjoy it. By varying the gin used, or the type of bitters, one can vary the flavor profile of the finished drink.
- Liquido Asado De Codero — Gin, Licor 43, Simple syrup, Lemon juice
- Just Let Me Sleep Here for a Few More Days — Gin, Allspice Dram, Sugar, Lime juice
- Fig Bee's Knees — Gin, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- Perfect Thyming — Gin, Lemon Balm Liqueur, Campari, Simple syrup, Thyme
- Dutch Tulip — Genever, Sweet vermouth, Apricot liqueur, Orange juice
- Cucumber Lavender Sour Punch — Gin, Crème Yvette, Ginger liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Cucumber, Lavender Tea
- Gin Sour — Gin, Bitters, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Juliet & Romeo — Gin, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Mint, Rose water, Cucumber, Salt
- Naval Gimlet — Gin, Lime cordial
- Crown Jewel — Old Tom Gin, Watermelon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Salt