|1⁄2||oz||Rye, Rittenhouse 100|
Shake, double strain, cocktail glass, no garnish.
Yes, that's 1 full ounce of bitters, 44% ABV.
This was a riff on the Trinidad Especial from Valentino Bolognese, which also has an entry here.
From other users
- Very spicy and delicious. Not particularly bitter
- Excellent. I was afraid of it before I tried it, but it's amazing.
- Classic sour combo of flavors. Unexpectedly nice. Lots of christmas spices. Added scant 1/4 oz aged rum for a little more roundness. Taste merits a 4 but it is a unique enough flavor that people will probably love it or ha
- fuck yeah.
- Oh, tasty. I added egg whites. Visually gorgeous.
- Complex and balanced. Wonderful aftertaste.
- Paula Garner Rec
- One of the greatest cocktails of all time.
- Trinidad Especial — Bitters, Pisco, Orgeat, Lime juice
- The Runaway — Bitters, Rye, Batavia Arrack, Orgeat, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Milano Sour — Fernet Branca, Rye, Orgeat, Lemon juice
- Golden Gate Swizzle — Fernet Branca, Bitters, Falernum, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Orange, Mint
- Leche del Diablo — Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Crème de Cacao, Bitters, Cream
- Holloway — Bitters, Sorel liqueur, Cream, Orgeat, Rose petal
- The Sovereign — Rye, Coconut liqueur, Ramazzotti, Herbal liqueur
- Challenge Accepted — Fernet Branca, Crème de Cacao, Tuaca, Cherry Liqueur
- Super Id — Campari, Crème de Noyaux, Fernet Branca
- The Noisy Cricket — Branca Menta, Crème de Cacao, Cream, Mint