A take on the classic Trader Vic's mai tai. Let sit 6-8 hours for a finer flavor!
|6||oz||Dark rum, Myers's Dark|
|3||oz||Pineapple juice (Unsweetened)|
|3||oz||Orgeat (or Amaretto)|
|4 1⁄2||oz||Brown sugar|
To each 3 oz. of booze, add 1 dash (“blip”) of grenadine. Mix in the morning, let sit 6-8 hours. Pour over crushed ice in a highball glass – pineapple spear, straw, swizzle stick.
A carefully researched and time-tested variation on the Trader Vic's recipe, passed on for generations. This version was first made in 1981.
From other users
- Absinthe. Tastes like ma i tai no sugar.
- Plantation Fever — Nicaraguan Rum, Chocolate spirit, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Me and My Grandfather — Pisco, Cognac, Simple syrup, Lemon juice
- Captain's Blood — Jamaican rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lime
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- Ha Ha High Babe — Añejo rum, Triple sec, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Orange juice, Peperoncini juice
- Smoked Margarita — Reposado Tequila, Orange liqueur, Whiskey, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Salt
- Rio Grande — Bourbon, Tequila, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Lemon juice, Ginger syrup
- The Fogcutter — Puerto Rican Rum, Brandy, Cream Sherry, Gin, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Orgeat
- Hurricane — Jamaican rum, Lemon juice, Passion fruit syrup
- Apple Jack Rabbit — Applejack, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Maple syrup