|1||oz||Ginger liqueur, Domaine de Canton|
|2||ds||Grapefruit bitters, Bitter Truth Grapefruit|
|3||dr||Bitters, Angostura (as garnish)|
Dry shake all ingredients except the Angostura. Add ice and shake again until cold. Double strain into a coupe glass. Add three drops of Angostura on top and swirl into the foam with a straw of bar spoon creating a spiral on top.
The Angostura doesn't really add to the flavor of the drink but it does add a pleasant aroma and the spiral adds eye appeal. This exemplifies my favorite style of drink. A perfect balance of sweet, sour, and bitter. Also I love the texture of egg white paired with the bitterness of the Cynar.
I created this drink at the Grand Trunk Pub in Detroit. I entered it in the Domaine de Canton cocktail competition but they apparently didn't find it as appealing as I do. This is what I want to drink at the end of a long week, hence the name.
From other users
- Very good. Not too sweet.
- Schwartzwald — Gin, Black Balsams, Amaro Lucano, Lemon juice
- Garden Fizz — Gin, Aperol, Bitters, Egg white, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Honey syrup, Mint
- The Public Purse — Damson gin liqueur, Gin, Peychaud's Bitters, Crème de Violette, Egg white, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Pamplemousse gentian — Suze, Gin, Grapefruit juice, Egg white, Orange peel
- Gin Sour — Gin, Bitters, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Dan's Cynar Sour — Gin, Cynar, Soda water, Lemon juice, Cucumber
- Start Wearing Purple — Sloe gin, Bitters, Gin, Bénédictine, Egg white, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Pressgang Swizzle — Old Tom Gin, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Orgeat, Ginger syrup
- To Byrrh or not to Byrrh — Byrrh, Genever, Aquavit, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Grenadine, Lemon juice
- Le Marseille Fruits Fizz — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Fruit, Club soda