Caribbean rum and Mexican bitters. A version of the Hurricane Sterba created in the fall of 2017 while hurricanes ripped through the Caribbean and Mexico, and the United States.
|1 1⁄4||oz||Trinidad rum|
Dry shake all ingredients apart from bitters. Add ice. Shake. Strain into fancy glass. Decorate foam with a few dashes of bitters.
I actually used aquafaba. (Editor's note - to replace the egg white. Aquafaba is the liquid from a can of chickpeas)
Named after the storm Hurricane Irma that struck Florida in 2017. Incredibly, a trademark Intent To Use trademark application was filed with the USPTO on 9/10/2017, one day before this cocktail was published. The applicant, Eurie Bordenave, requested that the name of this cocktail be changed and so it was renamed to Hurricane I 2017 by the editor.
From other users
- Good - I thought the Falernum dominated a bit; surprisingly I thought the Amargo Vallet was a bit lost. I might reverse these amounts. I used Angostura 1824, and half non-alch. Falernum, half Velvet Falernum.
- Jamaican Me Crazy — Rum, Falernum, Bitters, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Tangerine juice
- Shabash — Dark rum, Apricot liqueur, Lemon bitters, Lime juice
- Hawaiian Room — Rum, Triple sec, Applejack, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice
- The Undead Gentleman — Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Falernum, Bitters, Absinthe, Cinnamon syrup, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Lime peel, Grapefruit peel
- Calico Jack — Bermuda rum, Hum, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Bim & Vigor — Barbados Rum, Demerara Rum, Falernum, Sorel liqueur, Bénédictine, Bitters, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup, Cinnamon
- Navy Grog — Demerara Rum, Dark rum, Light rum, Soda water, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Honey
- New England Daiquiri — Guatemalan rum, Bitters, Lemon juice, Maple syrup
- Gruff and Rumble — Rum, Orange liqueur, Branca Menta, Bitters, Lime juice
- Castle Habour Special — Rum, Light rum, Lime juice, Grenadine, Pineapple