|1 3⁄4||oz||Dark rum (Plantation original dark)|
|4||ds||Islay Scotch (Peated...)|
Shake, strain, old fashioned glass with ice. Garnish with candied ginger, lemon wheel and pineapple leaf.
Very nice drink and interaction of orgeat and ginger. A bit sweet according to me BUT: I do not have a proper dark rum... Tried several times the recipe (5 times at least), once with el Dorado 15 and another with a high proof Guatemalan (Botran) rum bottled by a french retailer. Tried with laprhroig and lagavulin 16. And lemon and lime. Also changing Honey for brown sugar rich simple. Version with El Dorado, lime, brown sugar and Lagavulin appears to me to be much better. I also used a homemade ginger liqueur instead of ginger syrup. 10 oz vodka+ 5 oz chopped candied ginger. 10 days infusion. Maybe my rums were too sweet. Rum could easily be uped to 2 oz or 2 1/4 and/or using a higher proof dark rum. Shaking time could be also longer or better use crushed ice in the glass instead of cubes...
- Tongue Thai'd — Mekhong, Ginger liqueur, Guava juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Orgeat, Basil
- Towsey Typhoon — Dark rum, Light rum, Curaçao, Bitters, Lime juice, Ginger syrup
- Shaka — Rum, Okolehao liqueur, Lime juice, Orgeat, Passion fruit juice
- Hurricane — Jamaican rum, Lemon juice, Passion fruit syrup
- Jules Verne — Reposado Tequila, VeeV Acai Spirit, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- The Secret Is in the Telling — Rum, Falernum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- The Haigh — Light rum, Curaçao, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice
- Don Franco Penicilina — Tequila, Rum, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup, Gomme syrup
- Wilke Paradiso — Rum, Bitters, Passion fruit syrup, Lime juice
- Knickerbocker — Rum, Orange Curaçao, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup