My mashup of the Japanese and the Sidecar.
|1||twst||Lemon peel (As garnish)|
|1||pt||Sugar (For rimming the glass)|
Shake with ice, strain into a sugar-rimmed cocktail coupe, and garnish with a lemon twist.
I pondered the orgeat-curaçao duo in the classic Mai Tai, and this combination led me to make a mashup drink. For a base spirit, I considered Cognac, and the 1862 orgeat and bitters Japanese Cocktail came to mind for the former ingredient, and curaçao and lemon Sidecar sprung into my head for the latter. For a name, I dubbed this one the Saidoka as the Japanese word for the motorcycle accessory.
- Brandy Crusta — Cognac, Curaçao, Bitters, Sugar, Lemon, Lemon juice
- Yuzu Sour (Jacob Grier) — Bourbon, Bitters, Yuzu vinegar, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Eazy Tiger — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Curaçao, Bitters, Lemon juice, Orgeat
- Tiki Wheat — Bourbon, Bitters, Lime juice, Orgeat, Cinnamon syrup, Demerara syrup
- Whiskey Mango Foxtrot — Bourbon, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Orgeat, Rose water
- Sidecar — Cognac, Triple sec, Sugar, Lemon juice, Orange peel
- Cold Spring Cocktail — Cognac, Rhubarb bitters, Meyer lemon juice, Maple syrup, Meyer lemon peel
- The Persimmon — Cognac, Triple sec, Gran Classico, Lemon juice, Persimmon, Simple syrup
- Ha Ha High Babe — Añejo rum, Triple sec, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Orange juice, Peperoncini juice
- Surfcaster — Jamaican rum, Pineapple rum, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Passion fruit puree