Bourbon in a tiki drink? That's just crazy!
|3⁄4||oz||Orgeat, B.G. Reynolds|
|1 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, Larceny|
|1⁄2||oz||Cinnamon syrup (see note)|
Build all ingredients in a shaker tin. Add ½ cup cracked ice and shake. Pour into a snifter-style glass and top with more cracked ice. Dash Angostura bitters on top. Garnish with mint springs.
Substitute your favorite wheated bourbon. The syrup should be equal parts banana liqueur, cinnamon syrup and dry curacao.
Originally made at the Mother of Pearl bar in New York but with two different types of scotch and called the Tiki Peat.
- Whiskey Mango Foxtrot — Bourbon, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Orgeat, Rose water
- Give 'em Hell, Roscoe — Bourbon, Bitters, Amaretto, Grade B maple syrup, Lemon juice, Cinnamon
- Eazy Tiger — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Curaçao, Bitters, Lemon juice, Orgeat
- Whiskey Daisy — Bourbon, Rye, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orgeat
- Bouquet — Cognac, Oloroso sherry, Falernum, Lemon juice, Grade B maple syrup, Pear
- Blunderbuss — Apple brandy, Bitters, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Ginger syrup, Mint
- Upriver — Añejo rum, Crème de Cacao, Swedish Punsch, Bitters, Orange bitters, PInk grapefruit juice
- McGlashan — Irish whiskey, Oloroso sherry, Bitters, Ginger syrup, Lemon juice, Orange marmalade, Nutmeg
- Mapplethorpe — Rye, Oloroso sherry, Bitters, Grade B maple syrup
- Mermaid Ave. — Pineapple rum, Dry apricot brandy, Orgeat, Lime juice, Soda water