|1||oz||Puerto Rican Rum (gold)|
|1||oz||Jamaican rum, Appleton Estate V/X|
|1 1⁄2||oz||Sarsaparilla soda (or root beer)|
|6||dr||Herbal liqueur, Pernod (or absinthe)|
|1||spg||Mint (as garnish)|
Blend at high speed for 5 seconds or under, pour unstrained into something tall and add ice to top. Garnish.
Martin Doudoroff, in his Tiki+ app, speculates that the sarsaparilla may be a nod to the soda fountains of Don's youth. I think they may be inspired by the mauby (sometimes "mavi") tree bark-based sodas popular throughout the Caribbean, which share flavor notes in common with sarsaparillas and root beers.
From other users
- 6/13/20: Made as written except omitted grenadine (didn't have) and simple syrup (sweet enough without). Quite tasty. Might increase lime to 0.75 oz and/or reduce root beer to 1 oz.
- Q.B. Cooler — Puerto Rican Rum, Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Falernum, Bitters, Crushed ice, Orange juice, Club soda, Honey syrup, Lime juice, Ginger syrup
- Pusherman — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Club soda, Egg white, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice, Demerara syrup
- Mismaloya — Blanco tequila, Tonic water, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Rosemary, Cucumber
- Rye N Gosling — Bermuda rum, Rye, Averna, Herbal liqueur, Cola, Lime juice, Lactart
- Smoked Cherry Sling — Cherry Liqueur, Sloe gin, Cachaça, Islay Scotch, Soda water, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- Spicy Bison / Bisonte Picante — Bison grass vodka, Reposado Tequila, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Soda water, Grapefruit juice
- Londoner in Peruvian Spring — Gin, Pisco, Soda water, Simple syrup, Orange blossom jam, Strawberry, Lemon juice
- Happy Families — Gin, Mead, Pastis, Bitters, Green tea, Tonic water, Lime juice, Balsamic Vinegar
- December Morn — Rum, Apple brandy, Egg white, Grenadine, Lemon juice, Cinnamon
- Ginger Pear Thing — Light rum, Dark rum, Ginger liqueur, Pear liqueur, Seltzer water