|1 1⁄2||oz||Rhum Agricole (Blanc but a slightly aged one would work)|
|3⁄4||oz||Fino sherry (Manzanilla would work)|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.
I recalled my Mount Pelee that was inspired by John Gertsen's Rhum Agricot and Martin Cate's Abricot Vieux and wondered how I could riff on it. Originally, my mind went to Campari that worked well with apricot before, but then I recalled the apricot-Strega duo that succeeded in another drink (see blog post for details). I kept the Fino sherry instead of dry vermouth idea from the Campari drink that I had sketched out, and I complemented the Strega with aromatic bitters. I named this after an 1887 painting by Paul Gauguin that he did on the island of Martinique.
- Pompadour — Rhum Agricole, Pineau des Charentes, Lemon juice
- Frézier — Pisco, Bianco Vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Absinthe, Rhubarb bitters
- Untitled — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur
- Culross — Aromatized wine, Apricot liqueur, Light rum, Lemon juice
- Dolce & Cabana — Cachaça, Aromatized wine, Grapefruit bitters, Simple syrup
- Boston Tea Party — Light rum, Dry vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Sencha Green Tea
- The Beauty Beneath — Rum, Chinato, Triple sec, Bitters
- Guyana Flip — Rum, Cynar, Port, Demerara syrup, Nutmeg, Whole egg
- Spirit of Agave — Blanco tequila, Aromatized wine, Mezcal, Agave syrup, Lime juice, Lime
- Baby Don't You Change — Trinidad rum, Aromatized wine, Campari, Riesling, Lemon juice, Simple syrup