Delicious Beer Cocktail. Complex & Balanced.
|1⁄2||oz||Dry vermouth, Dolin|
|3||oz||Weissbier, Dennison's (Keep Separate)|
|1⁄2||oz||Clove Syrup (Homemade)|
|1||twst||Orange peel (as garnish)|
In a Collins glass, add the 2.5-3oz of Weissbier. Separately, in a mixing glass, add all remaining ingredients. Dry Shake, then add ice and shake again. Strain into a fresh glass and allow the egg white to separate completely. Then slowly combine the mixture into the Collins with the beer. This allows you to control how much of the frothy head you get over top. Orange Zest/Garnish. Enjoy.
Dennison's Weissbier from Toronto, ON, Canada works the best.
I used to make Harvey Wallbangers for my Grandfather, Harvey. I'm fairly certain he only liked them because of the name. The name came to me before the cocktail, but after a few Google searches, it turned out, I wasn't the first bartender to take a crack at this, but all the recipes I found weren't up to snuff. Banana's, Cloves & Coriander are the primary notes on the nose for Weissbier. So, the Clove Syrup acts as the bridge between the two and blending the Lemon & Vanilla from the Galliano sort of creates a complicated substitute for the Banana.
- The Gringo (From Portland) — Pale Ale, Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- Suze-E-Q — Beer, Suze, Amaretto, Lemon juice, Orange juice
- Coked-Up Monk — Sour beer, Sweet vermouth, Rye, Bitters, Cola, Egg white
- One-Two Punch — Pilsner, Blended Scotch, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Grapefruit
- Don Quixquote — Stiegl Grapefruit Radler, Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice
- Port of SF — Pilsner, Madeira, Lime juice, Ginger syrup
- Beer Emoji — Beer, Bourbon, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Egg white, Cream
- The Burnside Bramble — India Pale Ale, Gin, Loganberry liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Belgian 75 — Beer, Gin, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Charentes Shrub — India Pale Ale, Rye, Pineau des Charentes, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Rosemary-pineapple shrub, Rosemary, Pineapple