Like a manhattan that had come back from a barely remembered bender in Bangkok
|2||oz||Rye, Old Overholt|
|3⁄4||oz||Sweet vermouth, Vya|
|3⁄4||oz||Simple syrup (Massaman (see notes))|
• Combine rye, vermouth and syrup over ice. Stir for 30 seconds, or until very well chilled. Strain into a lowball glass. Top with four dashes of bitters. Garnish with a nickel-sized coin of orange rind.
Massaman Syrup: Yield 1 quart Ingredients: • 1 tablespoon ground mace • 5 sticks cinnamon • 2 tablespoons coriander • 6 whole cardamom pods • 15 cloves • 2 nutmegs • 2 cups dark brown sugar • 2 cups water Method 1. Combine all spices in a saucepan over low heat. Toast lightly for a few minutes. 2. Add sugar and water and bring contents to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat off and allow the mixture to steep for at least two hours. 3. Strain the contents through a sieve to remove solids, and pour into an airtight container. Syrup will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Created by Julia Travis, the beverage director at Kin Shop
From other users
- I am really excited to try this.
- Rye Witch — Rye, Palo Cortado Sherry, Strega, Orange bitters, Sugar cube, Orange peel
- Kentucky Masala — Bourbon, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Cardamom bitters, Gomme syrup
- Le Nouveau Moureaux — Bourbon, Suze, Grapefruit bitters, Demerara syrup
- Army Of Shadows — Cognac, Bénédictine, Bitters, Simple syrup
- Cheeky Sazerac — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Aperol, Simple syrup
- The Soothsayer — Bourbon, Allspice Dram, Maple syrup, Meyer lemon juice, Sage, Nutmeg
- Autumn Leaves — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Apple brandy, Strega, Cinnamon syrup
- He's Crafty — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Grapefruit bitters, Cranberry shrub, Lemon syrup
- The Soother — Jamaican rum, Cognac, Orange Curaçao, Apple juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- Against the Family — Rye, Montenegro, Sweet vermouth, Orange peel