|1⁄2||oz||Simple syrup (arbol-chili-infused)|
|1||bsp||Blanco tequila (as float)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (as garnish)|
Shake; strain; rock; garnish.
For the arbol syrup: Dissolve equal parts sugar and water on heat. Throw in a handful of arbol chilis and keep on low simmer. After ten minutes, fish out the chilis, cut them in threes, and throw them back in. After five more minutes (or whenever desired spiciness is achieved), take off heat, strain, and cool.
Figuring out what to do with this chili syrup, I thought I'd try a Penicillin riff.
From other users
- Kinda just a spicy whiskey sour, but there's nothing wrong with that!
- Blind Lemon Jefferson — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Storm Watch, Crystal Beach — Whiskey, Bourbon, Suze, Bitters, Pastis, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Gold Rush — Bourbon, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Buster Brown — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Death of a Disco Dancer — Rye, Apple brandy, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Rattle-Snake Cocktail — Rye, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Egg white, Rich simple syrup 2:1
- Hesitation Cocktail — Rye, Swedish Punsch, Lemon juice
- Presbyterian — Rye, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Soda water
- Basil Sour — Bourbon, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Basil
- Harlan County — Bourbon, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1