Similar to a tamarind-based mojito, but with an extra kick.
|1⁄4||oz||Falernum, Velvet Falernum|
|3⁄4||oz||Triple sec, Cointreau|
|1 1⁄2||oz||Rhum Agricole (Lemba - Unaged)|
|2||ds||Bitters (Portland Bitters Project - Super Spice)|
|2||oz||Ginger beer, Fever Tree|
Muddle 2 sprigs (4 leaves) mint in mixing tin with Falernum and Cointreau. Add rum, lime juice, bitters, then shake. Strain into glass over a large cube. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with remaining mint sprig..
If you don't have Super Spice bitters, try Bittermens Tiki or anything with a cinnamon note. Alternative is to add a pinch of ground cinnamon prior to shaking (I didn't have any, so I used the bitters in its place). Could also use a whole lime and muddle with the mint as in a traditional mojito preparation; I already had fresh squeezed lime ready so I used that instead. Could use regular simple or another sweet liqueur in place of the falernum, but I think it adds a great spicy note if you have it. And, of course, any regular rum can always sub for the rhum agricole To make the tamarind puree, dissolve a small piece of brick tamarind in enough hot water, let it soften for a few minutes, then strain to remove seeds/fiber. Or use a small amount (1/2 tsp?) of tamarind paste. The drink would probably work with reposado or anejo rum as the base spirit.
- Summer Breeze — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Pamplemousse Rose, Soda water, Lime juice, Lime
- Upper West Side — Tequila, Crème de Violette, Ginger ale, Lime juice
- Landing Gear Fizz — Sweet vermouth, Falernum, Amontillado Sherry, Soda water, Lime juice, Lime, Mint
- Wisecrack Fizz — Pisco, Elderflower liqueur, Club soda, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice
- Christmas Caipirinhas — Cachaça, Ginger beer, Ice cubes, Lime juice, Lime, Sugar, Ginger, Mint
- Chilcano de Pisco — Pisco, Bitters, Ginger ale, Key lime
- Marco Polo — Arrack, Blood Orangecello, Sparkling water, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup
- St. Barths Buck — Blended rum, Hum, Ginger beer, Coconut Water, Lime juice
- Good Day Sunshine — Grapefruit Vodka, Campari, Citrus Bitters, Soda water, Pineapple syrup, Grapefruit peel
- Lashed to the Mast — Virgin Islands Rum, Falernum, Ginger beer, Lime juice