a bitters heavy, spicy daiquiri
|3⁄4||oz||Virgin Islands Rum, Cruzan Blackstrap|
|3⁄4||oz||Navy strength rum, Smith & Cross|
|1⁄2||oz||Allspice Dram, St. Elizabeth|
Shake all ingredients, strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with a lime twist or lime wheel.
Due to the amount of bitters used, this drink is pretty flexible with the rum choices. I've used Goslings, Hamilton Jamaican Black, Mt. Gay Black, Coruba, etc. without splitting the base with Smith & Cross to good effect. I've also used 1 oz of a high proof rum like Hamilton Demerara 151 by itself. Using all Cruzan Blackstrap was too much of a good thing for me, so I would split that with another dark rum. If you don't have the allspice dram, just use 1 oz demerara syrup.
From other users
- Used Amargo Vallet in place of the Angostura; used Appleton V/X with the Cruzan. Found the Allspice a bit strong, and I might have needed to cut the demerara to 0.5 oz as a result of using the Vallet.
- Sweetened With Better-Sweet Love, or Something Along Those Spacious Lines — Vodka, Montenegro, Averna, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Egg white, Orange peel
- The S.O.S. — Light rum, Aperol, Lime juice, Maple syrup, Club soda
- Daiquiri (Sweeter) — Light rum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Planter's Punch (Spiced Rum) — Spiced Rum, Trinidad rum, Campari, Bitters, Cardamom bitters, Lime juice, Grenadine, Lemon juice
- Papa Doble — Light rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice
- Apple Sidecar (Clear Creek) — Vodka, Apple brandy, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Tangerine juice, Tangerine peel
- Knickerbocker — Rum, Orange Curaçao, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup
- Jules Verne — Reposado Tequila, VeeV Acai Spirit, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- The Secret Is in the Telling — Rum, Falernum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Say Goodnight Gracie — Light rum, Crème de Violette, Rhubarb bitters, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Lime juice, Lime peel