A Manhattan draped in velvet...
|2 1⁄4||oz||Rye, Michter's|
Chill a cocktail glass, add ingredients to mixing glass, add ice, stir for a slow count of 10, strain into chilled glass, squeeze oils of lemon peel on top of cocktail and then drop it in.
Spiciness of the rye is smoothed by the sweet and herbal Benedictine. Amaro and bitters add a surprising bouquet that creates a long finish.
Created to honor the town of Bedminster, NJ; the home of famed restaurant and wine cellar, The Pluckemin Inn.
From other users
- Made with Crown Royal rye. Beautiful light amber color and nice spiciness.
- Maybe try this with the alpine liqueur
- Crisp/Bright for a spirit-forward cocktail. I liked it. Made with Whistlepig, might want to try with KC or Russell's next time.
- Gun For Hire — Bourbon, Averna, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Islay Scotch
- Manhattan (Bénédictine) — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Orange bitters
- Rusty James — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Honey syrup, Lemon peel
- A Roman Holiday in Kentucky — Bourbon, Herbal liqueur, Campari, Sambuca, Peychaud's Bitters
- The Heim Lick — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine
- Montgomery Smith — Cognac, Bénédictine, Fernet Branca, Lemon peel
- Patent Pending — Rye, Meletti Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Bitters
- Midnight in Manhattan — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Bitters
- Manhattan (Silver Whiskey) — Oat Whiskey, Bénédictine, Dry vermouth, Bitters
- Greenpoint — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Bitters