|1⁄2||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|1⁄2||oz||Walnut Liqueur, Nux Alpina (Or Nocino)|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with an orange twist.
I was inspired by Misty Kalkofen's Human Rocket that I featured in a video for work. Therefore, I kept the apricot-walnut aspect intact as I riffed on this concept. Instead of Bourbon, I opted for Scotch which worked well with walnut in previous cocktails, and I swapped out the gentian liqueur for Punt e Mes and dashes of bitters. For a name, I kept with the Human Rocket's DEVO theme and named it after another of their songs -- Working in the Coal Mine.
From other users
- 4 stars with 1.25 oz blend + 0.25 oz Islay SM. 3 stars with 1.5 oz blend.
- Scottish Autumn — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Applejack, Drambuie, Bitters
- The Soother — Jamaican rum, Cognac, Orange Curaçao, Apple juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- Quinquina Cocktail — Cognac, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Apricot liqueur, Absinthe, Lemon zest
- Heathen VC — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Armagnac, Bitters, Triple sec, Absinthe
- Autumn Leaves — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Apple brandy, Strega, Cinnamon syrup
- Floridita Special — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Triple sec, Amer Picon, Bitters, Sugar
- Sabotta Dusk — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Averna, Bitters
- All Good Things — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Añejo rum, Peychaud's Bitters, Herbal liqueur, Fernet Branca
- Dolores no.5 — Gold rum, Coffee liqueur, Rhubarb bitters, Sherry, Gunpowder Rum, Clove tincture, Grenadine, Orange peel
- Meatpacker — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Limoncello, Bitters