|1||oz||Jamaican rum (gold)|
|1||oz||Puerto Rican Rum (white)|
|1⁄2||oz||Honey syrup (see notes)|
In a blender, add everything and blend on high for 5 seconds. Pour unstrained into a double old fashioned glass.
Honey Syrup is 1:1 honey:hot water, stirred until dissolved. To make ginger syrup, cut 2 inches of peeled ginger root into coins. In a saucepan, add the ginger, 1 cup of white sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and cover. Steep for 2 hours, then strain.
The "Q.B." is for "Quiet Birdmen", a drinking organization for pilots founded in 1921 which included Charles Lindbergh and a few astronauts among its members. The Bum also says that this drink was the inspiration for Trader Vic's Mai Tai (though I can't see the similarities, honestly).
From other users
- Made it twice now, using Coruba Dark, Flor de Cana Extra Seco, And Appleton Estate V/X. Excellent and the ingredients sound like a great tonic if you are under the weather.
- Cobra's Fang — Overproof rum, Falernum, Absinthe, Bitters, Crushed ice, Lime juice, Orange juice, Passion fruit syrup, Cinnamon
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- Blood, Smoke and Sand — Cherry Liqueur, Sotol, Sweet vermouth, Orange juice
- Say Goodnight Gracie — Light rum, Crème de Violette, Rhubarb bitters, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Lime juice, Lime peel
- Gruff and Rumble — Rum, Orange liqueur, Branca Menta, Bitters, Lime juice
- Torres del Paine — Pisco, Cynar, Gran Classico, Lemon juice, Orange peel, Lemon peel
- Kumquat Daiquiri — Jamaican rum, Dark rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange juice, Agave syrup
- Grande Elixir — Cachaça, Herbal liqueur, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Other Night, The — Reposado Tequila, Apricot liqueur, Bénédictine, Lime
- Martin Casa — Jamaican rum, Triple sec, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice